Can’t vouch for all the claims around the various DIY quinine remedies circulating. But here is my understanding of one recipe. Caveat: create & use at your own risk.
Claims that came with recipe
- Helpful for people living and/or working with vaccinated people who are shedding.1No explanation or sources given.
- Clears shedding toxins, bruising and magnetic effects in the vaccinated.2No explanation or sources given.
- Protects against covid3No explanation or sources given.
- Shikimic acid is a base ingredient used in cold/flu medications.4No explanation or sources given.
- Like hydroxychloroquin, the quinine released from grapefruit and lemon skins helps to ‘carry / deliver’ Zinc into cells.5At least there’s some kind of explanation, if no sources.
- Zinc in the beans is made bio available when boiled with citric acid.6At least there’s some kind of explanation, if no sources. (Oisin: but the antioxidant potential of Vit C content from juices is likely damaged by heating; so perhaps keep some to one side and add unheated to the mix once cooled?)
A batch may remain ‘good’ for c. 7-10 days, refrigerated. But this recipe makes c. 30-days worth for 1 person. So, either reduce proportions accordingly or, for longer storage try sealing in sterile, glass containers (as if making jam).
- 2 tins organic mixed beans (zinc)
- 3 organic lemons (citric acid)
- 3 organic grapefruit (citric acid)
- Bunch fresh, long pine needles (shikimic acid)
- 1 Tbl spn fennel seeds (shikimic acid)
- 2 star anaise (shikimic acid)
- Drain the tins of beans and mash thoroughly in large saucepan.
- Squeeze lemons and grapefruits. Pour into saucepan with beans.
- Chop lemon and grapefruit skins. Add in with cooked beans and juice.
- Bruise the pine needles. Add into saucepan.
- Crush fennel seeds. Add into saucepan.
- Add star anaise into saucepan.
- Pour 3L spring or filtered water, covering the skins generously.
- Cover, bring to boil then simmer for 4 to 5 hours.
- Strain the mix into sterile, hot-to-warm glass bottles / jars until c. 2cm from top7Ladelling through sieve over large jug or funnel, should make pouring into smaller bottles / jars easier. Strained waste likely too bitter to consume. Compost / brown-bin suggested
- Ensure bottle / jar rims are clean & dry before finger-tightening the metal (not plastic) lids. Lids should ‘pop’ while drink cools, indicating sealing. Check by depressing lid center. If rigid / unyielding, contents may keep, unrefrigerated, for up to a year or more. But if movement in lid, then sealing has failed and such bottles / jars should be refrigerated and used first.
Drink 60-100ml daily.
Shake / stir before consuming as bean fragments will settle.
- 1No explanation or sources given.
- 2No explanation or sources given.
- 3No explanation or sources given.
- 4No explanation or sources given.
- 5At least there’s some kind of explanation, if no sources.
- 6At least there’s some kind of explanation, if no sources.
- 7Ladelling through sieve over large jug or funnel, should make pouring into smaller bottles / jars easier.